Happened upon this wonderful set of photos of past & present NBA ballers getting their swerve on off the court (thanks to Free Darko for the find).
One jarring trend of this group of photos is the inordinate amount of pics of back-up centers. I think the photog has an unhealthy fascination with 7-footers who can only handle limited minutes. Or maybe it's just the ubiquitous nature of the back-up bigs. I remember when living in a NBA city for a few years that most of my public sightings of NBAers heavily consisted of just the back-up bigs--I'm not kidding.
Anyways, a few of my favorites from the 100+ photos of NBA athletes-in-action:
1) Is that Gerald Wallace or Charlie Murphy in the first pic? Actually with that suit more like Buck Nasty from the Playa Haters Ball.
2) Pau looking rather Euro-Trashy. I believe this is from the Versace Spring '06 Wifebeater collection.
3) According to the tagline on Flickr, it says this is Glen Rice. Sorry, but I'm 95% sure that's not Glen.
4) I see Cherokee is taking after his sister and joining the rock world. It looks like he went the sensitive emo/new wave route instead of the fire-breathing, free-for-all sleaze rock way of his sister.
5) JJ found himself a nice wholesome Duke co-ed. I'm guessing her name is Hannah, she's from Bergen County and she picked up JJ in her Saab (gift from Daddy), since he wouldn't drink & drive.
6) Rico Suave! Francisco Garcia pulling the best talent from this group of photos.
7) Odd juxtaposition: wifebeater paired with what looks to be a cosmo or appletini. Devin Harris somehow makes it work.
8) Had to do a double take on this one. Really thought this was White Chocolate for a second, but it's just Lil' Travie Diener up past his bedtime doing his best JWill impression.
9) Chris Duhon shaking the moneymaker. I believe this is step #8 in Coach K's formula for building a winning organizaton/team in business or sports.
10) Wow, didn't know JTerry was this popular with the over-processed, guido-tastic set. Figured they would be more into Wally.